|Database Tour Documentation|
Opening SQL Anywhere (Adaptive Server Anywhere) Databases
There are several ways to connect SQL Anywhere databases in Database Tour:
1. Opening through FD interface. Select FD interface, click DB2, then fill needed database parameters.
2. Opening through connection string. Select ADO interface, then choose Connection string option and write a connection string. This way is very flexible and allows to specify many additional parameters in the connection string and override standard Database Tour connection behavior. It is recommended for advanced users. Here are basic connection strings (more examples and details can be found in the Internet):
Provider=ASAProv;Data source=myASADatabase; (Adaptive Server Anywhere OLE DB Provider must be installed)
Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;ENG=server.database_name;UID=myUsername;PWD=myPassword;DBN=myDataBase;LINKS=TCPIP(HOST=serverNameOrAddress); (Adaptive Server Anywhere ODBC Driver must be installed)
3. Opening through ODBC DSN. Create (if it does not exist yet) an ODBC DSN of the corresponding type using Windows administrative tools, and point it to the database. Then:
- Select FD interface, click ODBC, then point the Data source parameter to the ODBC DSN by selecting it from the drop-down list.
- Select ADO or BDE interface, then choose ODBC data source option and then select the needed ODBC DSN from the drop-down list.