|Database Tour Documentation|
Ways of Opening Sybase Databases
1. Opening through connection string. Select ADO interface, then choose Connection string option and write a connection string. This way is very flexible and allows to specify many additional parameters in the connection string and override standard Database Tour connection behavior. It is recommended for advanced users. Connection strings examples can be found in the Internet.
2. Opening through ODBC DSN. Create (if it does not exist yet) an ODBC DSN of the corresponding type using Windows administrative tools, and point it to the database. Then:
- Select FD interface, click ODBC, then point the Data source parameter to the ODBC DSN by selecting it from the drop-down list.
- Select ADO or BDE interface, then choose ODBC data source option and then select the needed ODBC DSN from the drop-down list.
3. Opening through BDE alias. Select BDE interface, then select Alias option and then select the needed alias from the drop-down list. But first, you should create the alias of type SYBASE using BDE Administrator tool or Tools | BDE | Aliases menu of Database Tour, and point it to the database.
1. Sybase client must be installed. The bit-version of it (32 or 64) must match the bit-version of the application.
2. When choosing the ODBC option, please make sure the corresponding ODBC driver installed and the bit-version of it matches the bit-version of the application (32 or 64).